Saturday, October 3, 2015

I'm Rebooching!

I know it has been over a year since I've updated this. So here it goes, my reboot! So I have always wondered why I was spending so much $$$ on buying
Kombucha
@ at least $4+ a bottle, when making your own seemed "easy" enough. I did some research and found out that I could make my very own SCOBY from using
GTS ORIGINAL KOMBUCHA
CLICK HERE to find out how I made my own scoby!!!

OK now for the actual process of brewing your very own kombucha tea.

SUPPLIES:

1. One Scoby

2. One Glass Jar (I used a quart sized ball jar)

3. A Quarter Cup Organic Plain Sugar Per Quart

4. Three Organic Black Tea Bags Per Quart

(I used

5. A Quarter Cup Left Over Previously Brewed Komucha Tea Per Quart

6. H2O

WHAT TO DO: Bring H2O to a boil--add sugar and make sure it's completely dissolved.

Pour water with dissolved sugar into glass jar

Add your three tea bags to the jar and cover with a coffee filter or a cheese cloth and secure with a rubber band

Set aside and let steep/cool

TEA MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE ADDING SCOBY

Once tea has cooled remove tea bags and add your previously brewed tea. Lastly with CLEAN hands place scoby inside glass jar, cover with coffee filter and secure it with rubber band.

Place in cool place for 8-10 days!!!

Sooooo...that was simple enough!

CLICK ME to get the full visual directions I followed.

Heres to many more posts!!! HAPPY HOTTOBER!!!