Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hummus a Tune

Since the beginning of forever I've been on a HUGE hummus kick. It is the best snack that can be enjoyed with endless VEGI options//my favs: cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes, and broccoli. I have tried almost every brand there is on the market and always end up spending $5+ on my yummy little snack, that is usually devoured in less than 3 days LOL. I yet again hit the World Wide Web to do some recipe research and also to find out what is in this little delicacy. What I found was eye opening!! Hummus, is the by far the easiest recipe that I have come across. After making the good ol' ORIGINAL STYLE a hand full of times, I went searching for something more.....THUS I have found it....a COMBINATION of 2 of my favorite things. I present to you AVOCADO HUMMUS.

This hummus is rich, creamy, and absolutely amazing! Not only does regular hummus help lower cholesterol, maintain your weight, and reduce the risk of cancer, but add avocado to that and you will be boosting your potassium, adding heart healthy fats to your diet, and they are packed with fiber. Without further ado.. heres step by step recipe that is my obsession. :)

WHAT YOU NEED:

1½ cups (1 Can) Chickpeas rinsed and drained from a can or soaked and cooked

1 Avocado

small handful fresh Cilantro

2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice

5 tablespoons Water

½ teaspoon Salt

1 - 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)

Dash of cumin

Dash of chili powder

WHAT TO DO:

Place all ingredients in either a Blender--I used my vitamix--or food processor and blend until smooth...side note, if you use a food processor, your hummus will be on the "THICKER" side.

Serve with your favorite vegi or some yummy salty pita chips.

ENJOY!!!

For Full Recipe CLICK ME