Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Almond Joy

Spring break? Someone needs to remind me what that even means since both of my teachers scheduled exams the first week classes resume. So you can find me sitting at my desk rotating study guides and staring out my window. I know this sounds sad but on the bright side it also means I can make delicious munchies! I've got the perfect spring break snack break recipe!! Almond Butter Cookies with absolutely NO FLOUR. All you need is:
  • 1 Cup of Almond butter(you can either make your own HERE or buy a jar) @ room temperature. I left mine out a couple of hours and gave it a stir.
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/2 Cup Brown sugar (I used the sugar in the photo and the cookies turned out great)
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
  • 1 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark-chocolate chips (I used "everything free" semi-sweet chocolate chips [as pictured] and they were a little tinier than other chips I've used before so I only put in 1/2 a cup)
  • Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.

    In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add the almond butter, baking soda, and brown sugar. Mix everything together very well. Depending how thick and/or cold your almond butter is, you'll have to use some arm muscles.

    Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.

    Proceed to scoop the dough, about 1 tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake two batches - 6 cookies on each baking sheet each. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon.

    Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under-baked, but that's ok. For crispy cookies, bake for up to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

    FIND THE COMPLETE RECIPE @: Sally's Baking Addiction

    With only 5 ingredients these cookies came out airy, crunchy, full of flavor and simply irresistible. After making this recipe using store bought almond butter--in the future I would like to make my own with my food processor using the recipe I linked above. You can also use this recipe with peanuts.. I'd like to try that!! Let's talk about the health qualities of ALMONDS
  • Brain Food
  • Cholesterol regulator
  • Healthy for your bones
  • Good for your heart
  • Boosts your energy
  • and the list goes on!!

    SO all in all I'd say that this is a pretty healthy alternative to your CHIPS AHOY cookie :) and a great inbetween studying

    TREAT

    .